During a typhoon:
- If you are in a low-lying area or if the building you are staying in is not a concrete structure or lacks storm shutters, consider seeking shelter elsewhere.
- Stay inside and away from windows.
- If possible, stay tuned to a radio or television for storm bulletins.
- Stay inside when the eye of the typhoon is passing and prepare for heavy winds from the opposite direction.
- Fill in holes around doors with old towels or blankets.
- Turn of and unplug all appliances.
- NOAA Weather Radio broadcasts National Weather Service warnings and other hazard information 24 hours a day. Weather radios are for sale at electronics stores on Guam and via mail-order catalogues and various other locations.
· National Weather Service Website: https://www.weather.
· National Weather Service Facebook: https://www.
· Guam Homeland Security/Office of Civil Defense Website: https://ghs.guam.gov/
· Guam Homeland Security/Office of Civil Defense Facebook: https://www.
· Joint Region Marianas Facebook: https://www.
For any changes to inbound and outbound flights to Guam, travelers are encouraged to contact their respective airline or travel provider or visit the official website of the Guam International Airport Authority at www.guamairport.com for flight updates.